Non-Profit Organisation Registration Number:
Public Benefit Organisation Number:
Kindly contact Township Animal Rescue directly for banking details.
| ||FOCUS AREA:|
After years of helping animals in the townships, Jillian and Vanessa Cunningham formally started Township Animal Rescue in 2004. They rely entirely on donations for their work.
- They run weekly clinics in the townships (Lwandle/Nomzamo) for minor medical treatments.
- They transport pets from the townships to local vets for major treatments.
- They have put a sterilization program in place.
- They rescue the neglected and unwanted pets for which they try and find loving homes.
- Donations are vital as they are used for vaccinations, de-worming, de-fleaing, food, special diets, dipping, injections, medications and operations. All donations are used 100% for the animals.
In order to look after the animals and care for them while we are searching for new homes, we have various initiatives to create awareness and raise money for vaccinations, de-worming, de-fleaing, food, special diets, dipping, injections, medications and operations. We need volunteers for the following:
Help needed to run our charity shop in Gordon's Bay
Help needed for Fundraising
Help needed at our Adopt-a-Pet stand
We also require help with the following: Woodwork, sewing, steelwork, odd jobs, dog sitting and fostering (all expenses paid).
Apart from fundraising, we rely on the generous donations from the community.